The Alcatel-Lucent 7356 Intelligent Services Access Manager (ISAM) Fiber to the Building (FTTB) Remote Expansion Module (REM) is an IP access node for remote deployments, and supports DSL, point-to-point Ethernet and voice services. Its flexibility and fast deployment result in quick ROI plus OPEX and CAPEX savings for service providers. DSL services include VDSL2 with vectoring and multi-pair bonding.
The 7356 ISAM FTTB REM can be deployed as a standalone node or as an expansion as part of the Alcatel-Lucent distributed DSLAM concept. In standalone DSLAM mode, the 7356 is equipped with a dedicated Mini-NT controller. In distributed DSLAM mode, 7356 line cards are controlled by an Alcatel-Lucent 7330 ISAM host system.
The 7356 ISAM FTTB REM offers three-slot and four-slot configurations: two slots for ISAM line cards and options for one or two splitter slots. It is hardened for indoor and outdoor deployments. This makes it suitable for FTTN and FTTB deployments.
Benefits & Features
Enables deployment of mixed voice and broadband services from one multiservice access platform
- Reuse existing ISAM FD line cards (ETSI)
- ISAM-V voice service support for both SIP and H.248 applications
- Broadband service support with point-to-point and DSL services
Deploys fast broadband faster with the quickest ROI
- Fast broadband supporting 100 Mb/s and beyond with VDSL2 vectoring
- Multi-pair bonding for increased bandwidth to residential (two pair) or business (up to eight pair) subscribers
- FTTN overlay reduces CAPEX and time to market when compared to FTTH overlay
Offers the flexibility to deploy in FTTN and FTTB scenarios
- Hardened for both outside plant cabinet and rack-mount FTTB deployments
- Supports standalone and distributed DSLAM network architectures for deployment flexibility
- Compact form factor occupies 2.5 RU in a 19-inch rack