The Alcatel-Lucent 7330 Intelligent Services Access Manager (ISAM) Remote Aggregator (RA) is a compact full-service IP access aggregation node for up to 24x 7356 ISAM FTTB REMs and 7357 ISAM FTTB SEMs. The 7330 RA acts as a central host in Alcatel-Lucent's unique distributed digital subscriber line access multiplexer (DSLAM) concept, which allows operators to deploy and manage up to 24 small remote DSLAMs as remote line cards of a 7330 host. As such, line cards in the REMs and SEMs are actually managed as remote line cards of the 7330 RA. This means that 24x less individual nodes need to be managed and aggregated, resulting in considerable savings in both operating expenditures (OPEX) and capital expenditures (CAPEX).
The 7330 ISAM RA and connected REMs/SEMs offer full feature parity with the other members of the ISAM family and are managed by the the Alcatel-Lucent Access Management System. The 7330 ISAM Remote Aggregator can be deployed in both indoor and outside plant environments. It is 19 or 23 inch rack mountable.
- Cost-effective aggregation - 24x less EMAN aggregation ports required
- Low OPEX - 24x less nodes to manage
- Full feature parity with other ISAM Family members - same service from any line, any box
- Distributed DSLAM host - full NT functionality for remote line cards
- Up to 24 aggregation ports for remote line cards (REMs & SEMs)
- Same controller, software, and management as other ISAM family members
- Non-blocking, distributed processing architecture
- 2x10GE uplinks + up to 8x1GE aggregation ports that can be used as uplinks